Saturday, March 7, 2020

Painted Seasons Card - Baby Wipe Technique

The baby wipe technique allows you to make your own designer series paper, very simply. I got my hands dirty but it was a lot of fun creating the background paper for my card.

I saw this technique on Tina Zink's site. You need baby wipes, which you fold in half and add random dots of the colours. I picked up the colours using the Painted Seasons stamp set (a retired set) and stamped onto the previously available Glossy White paper.

The result is:


The colours I used were Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss, then Pretty Peacock, Granny Apple Green and Lucky Limeade (a retired colour but I needed a bright green). 
I coloured the White crinkled seam binding ribbon using the Blackberry Bliss dark stampin' blend.
After stamping one sheet of Glossy White and a separate sheet of A4 Whisper White, I swiped the baby wipes over another piece of the Glossy White and this was the result. 

I used some of this for the band across the card and to cut out the butterfly on the sentiment piece.

Super effective and pretty. I will be trying this with another stamp set and some different colours soon.

I hope you like it and have a play with the technique. 

You can purchase the current items I used by clicking on the images below. 

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Happy crafting


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment - I appreciate your feedback