Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Forever Fern and Brilliant Wings simple card

 

Hello and welcome to my blog. 

Today's card was created as part of the March 2021 Stampin' Up! colour challenge. The colours are Daffodil Delight, Garden Green and Seaside Spray, which retires soon along with the other 2019-21 In Colors.

I have to admit to having difficulty coming up with my own designs for cards, but taking part in the Stampin' Up! colour challenge each month pushes me to do exactly that. It's worth a try...  

The card base is Seaside Spray. On the next layer of Whisper White, I stamped some of the leaves from the Forever Fern set with Garden Green. The Daffodil Delight leaves are also from Forever Fern, and I stamped them onto a scrap of Whisper White and then used Garden Green and the rock and roll technique on two of them. I cut them out using the Forever Flourishing dies which coordinate with the Forever Fern stamp set. 

I used the Brilliant Wings dies to randomly cut out the "bubble" effect on the Whisper White layer. I also cut out the smallest detailed butterfly using a scrap of Daffodil Delight and Seaside Spray cardstock. It's hard to see in the photo, but I layered these together before adding a couple of Rhinestone basic jewels. 

The "squares" on the background were achieved by sponging some Seaside Spray ink over one of the Forever Gold laser cut pieces (using it as a template) with a blending brush. It creates a subtle background effect.

The sentiment comes from the Forever Fern set, stamped onto Seaside Spray cardstock. I ran the edges of this piece gently through the Seaside Spray ink pad. I did the same with the Whisper White layer just to make it stand out a little more from the card base.

I hope you like my card. Please leave a comment, along with your name, if you don't mind. I would like to be able to say thank you.

The products used are shown below and if you'd like to order anything, just click on the image which will take you to my online shop.

Until next time...happy crafting.

Bev
Product List

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment - I appreciate your feedback