Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Butterfly Brilliance Bundle with Love of Leaves card

 


Hello and welcome back to my blog. Today's post showcases the Butterfly Brilliance bundle which you can purchase from today (2 March 2021).

As a demonstrator I was able to purchase this as an early release. I love butterflies and this set really has a lot to offer including one large stamp with six different size and shape butterflies, a 12 piece die set, a 48 sheet pack of 6 x 6" designer series paper (DSP) and 2 sheets of 12 x 12" natural birch colour and texture paper. This will be available for customers to purchase from 2 March 2021.

The large butterfly was cut using the largest die in the set - it actually cuts out 6 in one go from one of the sheets of the Butterfly Bijou designer series paper (DSP). This DSP has some gorgeous prints on it. Here I have teamed it with a leaf from Love of Leaves. The small butterfly was fussy cut from another piece of the DSP.

First I ran the Whisper White thick card base through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine with one of the Greenery embossing folders. I then cut a strip of Night of Navy using the long narrow stitched rectangle from the Suit & Tie dies.

I inked the leaf from Love of Leaves with Misty Moonlight ink, then cut it out using both parts of the matching die. It's difficult to see in the photo but it embosses the leaf veins as it die cuts - brilliant!

The sentiment is from the Tranquil Thoughts stamp set, which I inked with Night of Navy onto a scrap of Whisper White, then fussy cut to keep it small. I wanted the butterfly to be the focal point.

Finally I added some Opal rounds to the body of the larger butterfly and coloured the small butterfly with Wink of Stella. 

After finishing this card, I created another using three of the remaining butterflies that were cut with the large die. Then I stamped the large image and played around colouring in with the Stampin' blends. 

         

Quite a few of the supplies I used are shown below. If you wish to purchase anything, just click on the item.

Until next time...happy crafting.

Bev
Product List

1 comment:

  1. The butterflies are just stunning! This set doesn't need to be fancy. It speaks for itself in your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment - I appreciate your feedback